Corporate Rowing at Lea Rowing Club
Lea R.C. offers an inspiring team team building exercise for your business or clients. Apart from the many benefits of a day on the water, your time with us will give you the framework for a distinctive lesson in team building - both on and off the water.
Where are you located?
We are less than 5 miles from the Tower of London, in easy reach of the City. Our rowing water is in a sheltered position, and we have no tides or commercial boating traffic to deal with.
How many people can you host?
We can cater for groups as large as 48. We have a fully equipped, air-conditioned gym and extensive boating facilities, including stable recreational boats for up to 24 rowers at a time.
What will a typical day include?
We are flexible and are happy to discuss options. A typical day includes:
- An introductory briefing including essential safety information
- Two or three (depending on start time) outings for everyone during the morning with alternating gym sessions
- A lunch break, when you might want to deliver your own team building activities (presentation facilities available)
- The afternoon includes more coaching, outings and gym instruction
- Tea, followed by racing
- The bar opens after tea, so guests can enjoy refreshments while cheering on their colleagues
What are the requirements for taking part?
- Participants must be 18 or older and will become day members of Lea R.C.
- Anyone unable to swim will need to wear flotation aids during outings, which we will supply.
- Do contact us in advance if any participants may have any disabilities. Our building is accessible with lift to first floor gym and changing rooms, and we have disabled toilets on both ground and first floors.
- There are no heavy weights in the programme
Do you provide catering?
We have full catering and bar facilities. Our corporate days include lunch and tea as part of our package. Other meals can also be provided and may be priced separately. Do let us know if you have any special dietary needs and we’ll do our best to cater for them.
We have run successful rowing days for many corporates including:
- Arch Insurance (Europe) Ltd.
- Brit Insurance
- Bell & Clements Ltd
- Beazley Group (clients)
- Hiscox Global Markets